CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Freedom and Fun

What a wonderful weekend! We had Fourth of July celebrations here at our house in Heron Lake. It made the most sense since we are only 4 miles from the fireworks later on that evening. So, of course we had plenty of food here. The all-american menu of barbequed chicken, corn on the cob, and potato salad. Delicious with plenty to spare. Later we had angel food cake decorated with strawberries and blueberries in a flag pattern. I even had us all say the pledge of allegiance. Which, I'm not sure everyone knew the words. Are they even saying it in school anymore? How sad...I guess our culture today would rather that kids have no faith and loyalty--passion. I hope that Danny and I can raise our children to stand firmly for what they believe in. That they will feel strongly enough to pledge alliegance to our God. Rambling now...Later we had fireworks--and hooray there weren't any bugs. :) Today is Daniel's bday. We celebrated with some family putt-putt. I didn't play because well Abigail is much more cooperative with me holding her. But, that would make it hard to putt. As it was I held her, and she slept the whole time. And, I took lots of pictures. I love documenting in that way. I had a blast simply watching my family have fun. Isn't it crazy that seeing fun can put a huge smile on your face. I love my family! I love my life! Thank you God for these blessings and moments like this weekend--for these "echoes of Eden".

1 comment:

  1. Hi There!
    Good to see your blog. I will be checking back for updates. I love blogging so that I have a record of what we have done. I am terrible about journaling, but great at taking pictures. Blogging gives me a place to have my pictures with a few words to explain what we have been up to.
    Great to reconnect with you.

    ReplyDelete